Part Time Position / 20 hours per week, with scheduled in-office hours fluctuating according to projects.
Trial Period & Evaluation: A one month trial period will be followed by a Performance Evaluation / Feedback Session. Evaluations will take place annually, or more frequently as needed, and will be administered by the Executive Director and/or Artistic Director. Staff check-in meetings will take place weekly.
• Overseeing scheduling of season, including Lab shows, Capstone production, Story & Sketch Festival, Young People’s Company, Performance Project, and working closely with Directors and Stage Managers
• Hire production and design teams for all productions
• Hiring and coordinating contracted labor assistance to the theatre wing (i.e. light hangs, builds & strikes), as needed and upon the approval of the Executive Director
• Working with the Executive Director to draft contracts for actors, designers and technicians - communicating budgets, track expenses and submitted receipts from productions, and working closely with team leaders to ensure adherence to the budget as set forth by the Executive & Artistic Directors
• Serving as the Coordinator for professional Equity productions as well as technical support for the Lab @ Piven offerings (YPC, Performance Project, Story & Sketch Festival, etc.) including scheduling of productions, production meetings, rehearsal schedules, marketing deadlines, load-ins, etc., and working closely with Directors, Stage Managers, Actors, and Design & Tech Teams to oversee communication between all parties
• Direct Production Manager for Lab @ Piven performances, oversee Production Manager for capstone Equity productions
• Providing labor assistance to the theatre wing, i.e. light hangs, builds & strikes
• Oversee all logistics for rental of facility – contracts, rate negotiation, payment, site prep, hiring front of house or stage management, and other duties as required
• Maintaining and updating facilities, off-site storage, databases, props, costumes, and equipment
• Organizing and coordinating auditions and maintaining headshot files
• Working with the Artistic Director to schedule and cast readings
• Overseeing photo shoots and archival videotaping for all productions
• Coordinate an overall calendar as it relates to productions and their related tasks, taking responsibility for timely execution of tasks and goals
• Room management with Education and Outreach Manager to ensure room availability for rehearsals, classes, productions, and meetings.
• Maintaining theatre and room cleanliness and readiness for classes at all times coordinating needs for rentals, classes, productions, and meetings on a weekly basis.
For inquires please email us at email@example.com
Actors, designers and theatre technicians should feel free to direct their resumes / headshots to: Piven Theatre 927 Noyes St. #110 Evanston, IL 60201 ATTN: Casting. Please, no calls or faxes.
Piven Theatre is currently accepting submissions, and will review synopses and script samples from both new and previously produced plays. Due to the amount of material we receive, unsolicited full manuscripts cannot be evaluated. Piven is always looking for new, thoughtful, and provocative stories to produce on stage. We currently produce ensemble driven pieces in intimate environments; particularly story theatre and adaptations. But we consider a wide array of styles and genres when developing our season. Please include: - Synopsis - Character Breakdown - 10 Pages of Script - Author Contact Information / SES Piven will contact the playwright directly if we are interested in seeing a full manuscript. Please keep in mind that we receive a great number of submissions, and we do not contact every playwright who submits their work. Please e-mail submissions to Literary Department or mail to the following address: Piven Theatre Workshop Attn: Literary Department 927 Noyes St - Suite 110 Evanston, IL 60201
Piven Theatre Workshop does accept applications for administrative internships. Interns working at Piven participate in a wide variety of projects including marketing, development, production management, school administration, development, special events, etc. While our internships are unpaid and we do not offer housing, our interns gain valuable experience in the fields of arts administration, special event planning, and theatre production. We are happy to work with universities to grant college credit for internship time where applicable, as well as a Piven class and tickets to Piven productions. For
more information about the internship program and how to apply, please read our internship page.
Volunteering at Piven
We welcome volunteers throughout the year in the areas of: - volunteering at special events - helping with mailings and office projects - helping on productions - and more! Please feel free to contact us for more information. Please include the areas that you wish to volunteer with, and your general time availability. Thank you for your interest in joining our volunteer community!